Summer…the season of juicy, sweet mangoes and the perfect opportunity to make mango smoothie. Make the most of this fresh fruit while in season or use frozen mangoes off season to enjoy this delicious tropical drink. The best mangoes for this recipe should be the ones that are fleshy and juicy and it helps if they are a bit on the riper side. Once prepared the smoothie is cold, refreshing, has a bit of texture and is packed with flavour. You can always make this smoothie with milk but adding yoghurt to the mix makes the drink a bit more creamy and delicious. If the mangoes that you have are off-season or not very sweet, you might like to add a bit more honey or if you like your drinks real sweet, add some brown sugar as desired to the recipe below.
What I sometimes do is save a few cubes of the mango and then add them to the serving cups once the smoothie is prepared. This is a fun way to enjoy a bit of texture to your drink and kids will love the little mango cubes that end up at the bottom!
- 1 Large Mango, diced
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Heaped Tbsp Yoghurt
- Few Mint Leaves – To Garnish
- 1 Cup Ice
- In a blender, put in the diced mango (save a few pieces to add later), lemon juice, honey, yoghurt and ice. Blend till smooth
- While blending, you can add milk if the smoothie is too thick or alternatively, add water to desired consistency
- Taste the drink to adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more honey (or sugar if you prefer) and blend again
- Pour into a tall glass, add the remaining mango cubes and tear up the mint leaves to garnish. Easy peasy and satisfying.