If you’re craving for something sweet then try these amazing crunchy coconut cookies recipe. Kids as well as adults will love them! This recipe makes it super easy to make a quick snack and as a bonus it tastes soo good! This is the scenario I picture every time I decide to make these cookies: It’s a cool afternoon and the family is home, the smell of coconut is wafting through the air and there’s tea brewing on the stove. Then we all sit and talk about our day, sip delicious tea and enjoy crunchy cookies…
Anyone can make these cookies very easily. It doesn’t need too many ingredients or equipment and can be made within 20 minutes tops. You can also store them in cookie jars or airtight bags and they will remain crunchy for days. Take them to work or pack them for your kids to take to school, it can be a healthier alternative to store bought cookies. Just minimise the sugar you put into the cookie dough and it’s still delicious because of the coconut!
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/8 Cup Sugar
- 100g Butter
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees or medium heat
- Meanwhile, bring the butter* to room temperature. Then mix sugar with it till it becomes semi dissolved
- Next, whisk the egg with the vanilla and pour into the butter and sugar mixture
- Once combined, add flour and dessicated coconut (self raising and normal flours sifted together)
- Make the mixture into dough by using your hands to properly bind all the ingredients
- Prepare a cookie sheet or flat tray and measure out a tablespoon of cookie dough. Then place it on the sheet or tray and press down lightly. Do this till for the rest of the dough and keep the units at least 3 cm apart as they will double in size
- Bake for 15 – 30 minutes, let them cool then remove and store in air tight containers.
*If the mixture is crumbly, add more butter.